Re: FIOS service

When FIOS was installed to my house the fiber came to the house, and to the wireless router in my office.  I believe that last 2.5 feet to the connection with my computer remained copper, but I am not sure.  It is a new line directly from the Verizon central office.

The copper wire was to have been de-activated last year, but I have no way to tell if it was.

Richard Henderson

>>> michael.norman@xxxxxxxx 12/7/2007 11:24 AM >>>
At 01:55 PM 12/6/2007, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
>Michael Norman wrote:
>>At 05:16 AM 12/6/2007, Robert Holmgren wrote:
>>>Also, they aren't fiber right up to your machine
>>>-- the last leg is copper wire, and that compromises everything.
>>So what's the point of going FIOS?
>
>When Verizon came looking for a municipal OK last year, they made a
>presentation to the mayor and council (whose meeting I was covering
>for the local weekly). They SEEMED to be saying that they would have
>to run a new line all the way into your house or flat. Which would
>seem to argue 100 percent fiber. But you cannot believe anything they say.

Fiber optic to the house, but copper in the lines running through the
walls. I suppose you get around this by going with a wireless router
for internet and a wireless setup for your TV's.

Michael Norman