Smartset

Carl,
  The problem isn't a corrupted file. I downloaded smarts24.zip and unzipped
smartset.u2 and the new file not only shows no difference with the old, loading
the new file produced the same misbehavior for QUOTES.
  The pfunc BN does work for me when I write an XPL pgm using it instead of
BX. Incidentally, on my system, BX and BN *do* in some sense go to the command
line, because I have to put in another pfunc (e.g., TF, BF, or GT) to get
cursor back in the text file after calling BN and BX. Is this normal?
  Back to QUOTES. When I run it on the simple file consisting of These are
"quotes" to change. it seems to need answers to 9 prompts. No prompt shows on
my prompt line or command line, but if I hit 9 ENTERs, it suddenly finishes
(including showing me the elapsed time). I can't figure this, can you?
  Regards,
  Harry