Re: XY, Vista, choices

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
But--if my experience (and we certainly need more data) is typical, and jerky cursor is not evident on Xy windowed under Vista, why would one need Tame?
I have two friends/coworkers who use Xy4 (windowed) on Vista and seem to
have no real problems, except for mouse functionality. One of them tried
Tame, on my suggestion, and in less than 24 hours had stripped the
program from the machine because of bizarre behaviors she had neither
the patience nor the knowledge to troubleshoot. Both machines are Dell
desktops.
I run Xy windowed under XP, and have never noticed a jerky cursor
without Tame; interestingly, Tame creates a jerky cursor when I run it
(and I do, because there are many times when I benefit from regaining
the use of a mouse that highlights text in a useful way, and because I
gain the ability to change typeface and window size in draft view,
making things easier for my eyes). But the cursor's jerky only when I
use the arrows on the editing section of the keyboard; the arrow keys on
the number pad behave normally.

Paul Lagasse