Re: XY, Vista, choices

Paul Lagasse wrote:
I have two friends/coworkers who use Xy4 (windowed) on Vista and seem to
have no real problems, except for mouse functionality.
Very, very interesting. It would be choicely ironic if the
detested bloatware opsys proved a better platform for Xy than XP.
Do they print? How?
I run Xy windowed under XP, and have never noticed a jerky cursor without Tame;
We have a couple of people here who report no jerky cursor under XP. And I have a box at the office where it is quite noticeable _under W2K_. Hence my strong belief that there's a hardware (or BIOS) component to the whole matter.
> because I
gain the ability to change typeface and window size in draft view, making things easier for my eyes).
Huh? I usually run in draft view, occasionally page-line, _never_ WYSIYG. And I'm blind as a bat. I use 20 point Lucida Console, and the window sizes automatically to fit that. I also, on most machines, have my screen colors set to black on white, which makes things really sharp, but even in white on blue, Lucida is a nice, clear type.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx