Re: vDosXy: Frequent crashes

Jordan,
I was going to say that you probably drive this harder than anyone else,
but you just accounted for that.
I've now gone five and a half hours without a single crash, using the
earlier version of vDos. Something is definitely going on with the
latest version, but darned if I can identify what was triggering the
crashes. They just seemed to come out of nowhere, sometimes even
before STARTUP.INT had finished running.
For reference, the most recent version of vDos.exe has a file size of
878080. The version before that -- which I'm using now, much more
happily -- has a file size of 376320 (but requires one or two
additional DLLs). I have about 100K less available DOS memory, but no
crashes and Xy4 hums along nicely. I had thought the new version of
vDos was faster, but in fact there's no discernible difference in
speed. And did I mention that the crashes have stopped?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx