Re: HTML on Xy

≪I've found that Xy can put LF's (0A) into an HTML file, and
then they show up as unexpected spaces when viewed with, e.g.,
Netscape. I was also shocked to see that I couldn't SEarch for
the 0A's, which I know are there cuz a hex dump (in List.com)
shows them. I tried SEarching in Xy4 with the ctrl-alt 10, which
put up the LF symbol. Seem to remember that in Xy3 I could
actually get an " 0A" (with that leading space) up on the
CMline.≫ --Harry Binswanger /
0001908873@xxxxxxxx (Harry Binswanger)

Harry: If you search 0A or 0D in a file that has newlines, se
will stop at every inextricable 0D 0A. The only way I know to se
stray 0As or 0Ds is to ci newlines temporarily to a unique char
sequence (I use ascii 20 ascii 254 ascii 20 in the !FIXCR I
posted recently), then search 0A or 0D. XyWrite 4 makes that
*lots* easier than v3: in xd_cua.kb4, 0A for searching purposes
is mapped to  (think lineFeed); 0D is to
(think carriageReturn). After your 0A or 0D business, of course
ci the unique temporary string back to newlines. ... But if you
get stray 0As in tyf'd files, the driver that's loaded while you
tyf is doubtless putting them there. Check its LE< and PE<.    --A

========================= annie fisher  nyc