Re: Upgrade to XyWin or Not?

In a message dated 97-05-22 Lee Wrote:

> By the way, is there any reason some users run XW in a DOS window,
> rather than as a DOS program started from Windows? I have been puzzled by
> that.

Well, for one thing, in a DOS window you can use the Windows clipboard. And
for another, if you happen to have a mouse in your hand, you can switch to
another program with a click (if its window is showing). Depends on whether
you have the right monitor and resolution; at work I have 17 inches running
at a 1024X768, and a DOS window is about the size of a good laptop's (it's
also adjustable). At full-screen, XyWrite seems to scream at me. BTW, you
can't do graphic view in a DOS window; some computers will flip you
automatically to full-screen; others will complain bitterly.

BTotherW, my first was a TRS-80 model 3 - then a 4p - then .... well, we've
all been thru a variation on it. I bought a PC clone *because* I wanted to
use XyIII.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx