Re: Upgrade to XyWin or Not? -Reply

Phil Smith, when you say "but I don't get the advantages of XyWin
itself" ... I 'd suggest that it's the advantages of Windows that count:
thinks like the huge variety of fonts (and Adobe Type Manager) and the
Windows clipboard for moving data around, and if you're really into
old-style automation, DDE. I assume that you make use of the Windows
environment for other programs; why else would you bother to run
Windows?

And all I meant by my previous comments about the program not being
entirely comfortable with the Windows environment is that it breaks a
lot of conventions (like not being able to restore the minimized icon
with a double click) and it seems to hog the CPU utilization meters I
have used (at least in WIN95.) While the 100% utilization reports may be
an illusion, they do point to something unorthodox going on under the
covers.

Richard Minutillo
rgm@xxxxxxxx