Re: Off Topic: ThinkPad Recommendations

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Mon, 14 Jul 2003
12:29:15 -0800

> Why the 1400x1050 screen ? Won't that higher res make all text and icons smaller
> and harder to see

I advise eyeglasses -- a great invention, and they really work too!

You can pack a lot more onto the desktop -- mine is always jammed with open
apps. For any graphics, you get better resolution, and more likely to get
larger images to "fit" entirely within viewable area (no sliders). If you use
external monitor at higher res than 1024x768, you can switch fluidly between
LCD and CRT. But I think the main reason is that a lot of web content nowadays
is intended for >1024x768. Size of text|icons can (almost) always be
increased, so that's not a compelling argument to me.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx