LJ 4 Driver

On 9/8/94 Nathan Sivin wrote:

>I have been unable to get any response from TG about a printer driver for
>a HP Laserjet 4 Plus, which is on its way here. Does anyone know anything
>about availability? There is no driver listed on the BBS. Is the LJ4
>driver usable with the printer for 300-dot printing? That won't hold me very
>long, but I should at least be able to try the printer out. If I can't
>get a driver that will print 600-dot text, I guess I will have to give up
>XyWrite.

Please excuse the delay in answering. If you are using XyWrite 4 you should
download LJ4.BIN and HPLJ-4.PRN. If you are using XyWrite for Windows you may
can download the same files or dial into HP's BBS to obtain a 4 Plus driver
(Windows). While our drivers are for the HP LaserJet 4, they
will function with the 4 Plus and WILL give you 600 DPI and the
features of the printer. There may be some issues with tray selection and
speed that our drivers do not address. We are working on a HP LaserJet 4 Plus
driver that should be available within two weeks.

Jeff Ramsay
TTG