Re: DOSEMU/DOSBOX question

peregrine@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Could we collaborate to create a Linux-friendly flash-drive installation of XyWrite? With Dosemu installed by default in Ubuntu, it shouldn't be hard to set up the defaults and create a "launcher" (the GNU/Linux equivalent of a desktop shortcut).

Sorry, this reply has been sitting in my drafts for too long.
Why a flash-drive version, out of curiosity? I'm also not sure that Dosemu was installed by default in my 7.10 Ubuntu; I seem to remember installing it with aptitude, and it's part of the Multiverse component. On the other hand, installing it with aptitude is a cinch. Can't remember if Dosemu was installed by default in SuSe; doubt it.

As for a Dosemu/Xywrite that was as functional as possible,
I'd certainly like that, and would do what I could. I'm still not fully transitioned to Ubuntu, and may never be, if only because of TurboTax.

Paul Lagassé

--
PO Box 144
Kemblesville, PA 19347

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. -- The Borg
Cooperate with the inevitable. -- Dale Carnegie