Re: DOSEMU/DOSBOX question

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
.... I noticed that Jeff Seager (1/24/08) lamented "the loss of the U2 functionality" under Linux, which leaves me wondering why the purely native Xy routines wouldn't work? Or even, with perhaps a bit of tweaking, those that, like TYP, PostGhost, and xy2pdf, rely on Ghostscript and GSView (both available, IIRC, on Linux)?
Though I haven't taken the time to install U2 and manually fill out the needed paths in the Registry file, purely native Xy routines should work; my own do (though I had to correct those paths that specified a drive letter). The only limitations I can think of would be if the native Xy routine tried to access something the user didn't have the right permissions for, or needed to access something in a directory not normally mounted in Dosemu or Dosbox (but you can fix this; though Dosbox may complain, you can easily tell it to mount the root directory (/) as C:, if you wish). And tweaking may indeed get additional routines to work.

Paul