NB 8 -- more solutions

After Robert's extremely helpful post on alt-keys in NB, I decided to
comment out or move to TABLE=CTRLX+SHIFT only those alt-keys that were up
there on the NB Menu, and so far so good. These keys, with their scan codes
are:

F(ile) 33
E(dit) 18
V(iew) 47
(for)M(at) 50
P(roof) 25
I(nsert) 23
T(ools) 20
W(indow) 17
H(elp) 35
I use alt-k to save and load the current .KBD file, and it still works in NB 8, so I think the above may be the only alt-keys that need changing. But I could be too optimistic.
Another solution: to get ctrl-z to do NB's UNDO function, just put a GT
before UD in the ctrl-z key assignment.
Under the heading of "feature not bug" FUNC LL and FUNC LR don't work as in
Xy: they perform as FUNC CL and FUNC CR. I can live with that, particularly
since FUNCs LU and LD do work normally.

Slow but steady progress.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx