Re: XY4 can not find directory ... THANKS

At 0:18 Uhr -0400 13.05.2002, Carl Distefano wrote:
uick succession of PRompts.

>If a setting of 72 is excruciatingly slow, try D WA=36 or D WA=24.
>Issue the problematic DIR command. Type slowly and carefully. If
>the characters you type don't immediately appear on the CMline,
>don't give up! Just wait; they *will* appear. When the command is
>fully visible on the CMline and you're sure it's correct, hit F9 to

Thanks. I was going to do that, but now I see that the error is disappeared
again.
Hate it... this is the first time I had a spurious error in XY (well, apart
from the "Protection Violations" that are part and parcel of XY-Win...).

I will your advice on file, in case it happens again.

I did not change anything here, except restart and Scandisc the computer,
because (unrelated to this) MS Word crashed on me. (Or is this related?)

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo (rrr @ twics.com)
-- "The power of accurate observation is commonly called
-- cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw