Re: Unix and Xywrite and whatnot

Ohmygod, perhaps we are wasting our time. Here is a press release I
got today from the National Science Foundation....
*******
The Windows, Macintosh and other operating systems that people use to
interact with computers are an obsolete artifact of the early days of
computer science, soon to be replaced by software that allows users
retrieve information from a global network from any computer,
anywhere, at
any time. David Gelernter, a professor of computer science at Yale
University; and a prolific author of such works as "The Muse in the
Machine: Computerizing the Poetry of Human Thought", "Machine Beauty:
Elegance and the Heart of Technology", and "Surviving the Unabomber,"
will
share his thoughts on the future of computer software in a lecture at
the
National Science Foundation. The lecture is open to the media and
the
public.
Other operating systems must mean CPM, I can not remember any
others.

Jonathan