Re: UnDo2

Fresh news!

I deleted and re-installed all the U2 frames, and now I have improved results:
1. First, what is no doubt irrelevant: I hear the "pop" (window closed) sound upon launching Xy. Testing shows that it comes from executing do/nv/x/z C:\XY\MyPID.EXE. Yet MyPID was working before (without any sound).
2. $K now works: I create a test file with the numbered lines in it, as
previously; then I deleted a line *using the DELETE key, or the BackSpace
key, not the ctrl-Y with $K loaded on it; then I executed the $K via the
. This now works perfectly--i.e., backup files made, restores done
in order, and without a hitch.

3. The MV key assignment works, inconsistently though.

Now onto your method below:
- DLG is not LOADed -- command "VA/NV $DG", what does the
PRompt say?

C:\XY\XY4.DLG
- DLG doesn't have, as it's initial frame, "{{5$?}}"

Here's a cut and paste:

;DG;«LA850»

{{5$S,$E}}
- KBD isn't correctly installed, or has an erroneous key
somewhere in it
I think this MUST be it. I am always tinkering with the .KBD file, and I
must have gotten a bad character in there, but not bad enough to make it
not function.
- Frame {{5$K}} isn't correct in U2

Let's do this, it may shorten this discussion:
Go to a DOS Prompt on the Desktop, situate in C:\XY, and command:
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP XyWWWeb.u2
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP XyWWWeb.REG
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP XY4.DLG
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP STARTUP.INT
 zip -9 -j HB.ZIP {your KBD file}
and attach the resultant HB.ZIP to a private message to me.
Something obscure is messing up. (This is probably how we
should *start* these discussions, not end them...)

Wonderful--coming right up in private email.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx