A non-hysterical, non-bogus virus warning

Fellow XyWriters

I know most virus warnings are bogus, and don't we know enough not to click
on random attachments, already?

But this one (a worm) is interesting, because it poses as virus-protection!
It purports to come from Microsoft, but if you look at the X-return path,
it is coming from someone in the UK. I received it today (didn't fall for it).

It is know as W32Gibe@mm, and is listed on Symantec:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe@xxxxxxxx

It contains an attachment that begins q216309. Apparently the extension can
vary, because mine came as a .zl9 file, whatever that is.

"Click in haste, repent in leisure."

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx