Re: A non-hysterical, non-bogus virus warning

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Thu, 14 Mar
2002 22:02:44 -0600

> But this one (a worm) is interesting, because it poses as
> virus-protection! It purports to come from Microsoft, but if
> you look at the X-return path, it is coming from someone in the
> UK. I received it today (didn't fall for it).
> It contains an attachment that begins q216309. Apparently the
> extension can vary, because mine came as a .zl9 file, whatever
> that is.

Hah! I've been receiving this file (with an .exe extension) all
week and wondering why Microsoft would go out of its way to contact
this (at home) non-Windows user. I never thought to question the
source. Thanks, Harry.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx