Re: Possible activity heading towards XyWrite replacement

Harry Binswanger wrote:
My own reason for continuing to use III+ is that PageMaker 6.52 has a good III+ import filter, but not a IV import filter.

To which my response is, how much longer will you be able to use
PM 6.52? "PageMaker" is now Creative Suite and heaven knows how
many upgrades (though I have to say we're still running 5--it was
still made by Aldus then--on XP).
But . . . but . . . but . . . I can't think of *any* difference in what the files have. The differences (few and arcane as they are) are in XPL code, which you wouldn't be importing.

That SEEMS logical, but somehow or other the other programs know
it's not Xy3, and pop up "unsupported format" when you try to
import. I've found, however, that the Hungarian filters convert
Xy4 to WP very easily and fairly competently (except for styles
and numbered counters), .wp files can be imported into WP, and
.wpd can be saved as almost anything.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx