Re: Re file

Mark Garvey wrote:

> -I tested another "large" file--this one around 200K.
> Same problem exactly.
>
> -when I DIR [filename], it still shows the 135K size.
>
> -BUT, when running Xy from a DOS window in WIN98, I am
> able to open all the big files!
>
> -Hmmm..

Mark,

I can really identify with having this sort of mysterious problem. At
the
moment, I've got a hard drive with some subtle and obscure
partitioning
anomalies that even the author of DFSEE (so far) can't pin down.
The DR-DOS C: will not run a CHKDSK, complaining about LFNs
that I can't find, nor can its Label be changed. OS/2 (actually eCS)
can't even see this partition at all -- "Sector Not Found" -- but W2K
can see and access it with no problem. I've had multi-OS systems
since '97, but have never seen anything like this. Luckily, this is
not
on the main desktop system.

Jordan