Re: not an xy problem but Java-script who can help

** Reply to message from  on Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:19:00
+0200

Carel:

> suppose the is an variable called rrggbb:
> var rrggbb= 0X00CC99 (thats hex 00CC99)
> I can add to that varable, for instance ff0000 , like this:
> rrggbb = rrggbb + 0XFF0000
> as a result the value of rrggbb =
> hexadecimal FFCC99
> or decimal 16764057

Don't you simply mean:
 FFCC99 = 00CC99 + FF0000 ?
And you want the result of that addition in hex, not decimal -- right?

May I ask, is this a calculation that you're trying to do with XyWrite? Or
with Javascript? If you're trying to do this with Javascript ("what I want
javascript to do is..."), and you're asking how to do it, then you're asking
the wrong newsgroup! [Although I think it's pretty simple in JScript -- just
standard notation -- dim values as long integers, then it's gotta be something
like:
 rrggbb = Hex(&H00CC99 + &HFF0000)
Isn't that more or less it?]

If you want to do it with XyWrite (that is, with XPL), it's easy (if XyWWWeb.U2
is installed), and we can tell you how.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx