Re: not an xy problem but Java-script who can help

Reply to note from  Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:19:00
+0200

Carel:

> so the result is  and thats somthing HTML
> doesn't understand or will see as #167640 which also is a
> collor but not what I ment to be
>

> so I want the value of rrggbb reprented in hex-form when rrggbb
> is displayed (writen to the document)

The problem of how to convert a numeric variable to a string
variable arises in every language that has separate numeric and
string datatypes. High-level languages such as Javascript often
have a built-in conversion function.

This may help you; delete any internal newlines from the URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=javascript+convert+hex+number+
string&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&safe=off&selm=39B6CB26.15DF
CC82%40eatel.net&rnum=2

I found it by doing the following search in Google Groups:

javascript convert hex number string

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx