Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Mon, 12 Apr
2004 10:04:12 -0400

> Robert, thanks. I'll download the latest TAME -- 4.5x -- try these settings
> (I've never quite embraced the fine-points of TAME), then report back.

No no, you can't use Registry settings with Tame v4.5x. He's changed to a
different system -- a Settings file (which ought to be easier to use actually).
But I'd need to contact David to figure out how to translate those Registry
values to the Settings file. Frankly, I lost interest 16 months ago. I just
reinstalled v441 now because that was the current version when I last contacted
David, and I remember it worked very well... Gosh, all along I thought you
guys were pursuing this with him? *David* is the only guy who has a handle on
this -- he understands the cause, and he has a proven solution! It works. Why
talk to us about it? Push David to polish it, and (I imagine) you'll get what
you want. But as far as I know, you _must_ use Tame settings like the ones I
mentioned; by default I don't think Tame affects the cursor at all (but I'm not
sure, could be wrong...).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx