Review of XyWrite

Found the following review of XyWrite while cleaning up my home
office:

"Like so-so singers trying to substitue sequins for skill, many
next-generation micro-computer word processors substitute
technological razzmatazz - windows, bit-mapped graphics, mice -
for substance. Such software spangles are interesting only if
they make a word processor faster and easier to use, not just
snazzier and simpler to sell.
Thought, not technology, is the most important indredient in good
word-processing software. XyWrite II Plus proves the point
Without recourse to any faddish I/O pizzazz, XyWrite (pronounced
zi-write) is the best word processor for the IBM PC I have seen.
With ease and elegance, it handles all my varied writing needs .
. . it is better than any of the more expenseive competition I
have seen. I'll kill for my XyWrite. .
. Learning XyWrite is a bit like puberty - tough to get through
but worth the effort."

And the reviewer goes on the describe XyWrite's many features. The "II
Plus" above was not a typo. This review was written by D. McCune for
Microsystems, September 1984. Yes, 1984.

Cheers,
John Gordon