Re: (no subject)

Quoting Richard Henderson :

> Can the Freelists.org site do something about SPAM infiltrating
> our list?

There are spam filters in place at FreeLists. In addition, the list is
"closed", meaning that only subscribers may post (same as before).
Unless the spammer is spoofing a subscriber's address, unwanted
messages should not get through.

If a subscriber's address is hijacked (as happened recently at the
UPenn list), I think we have to deal with that on a case by case
basis. Clearly, the first responder in that situation has to be the
subscriber himself (self-help, and all that), but Robert or I, as
admins, can block a hijacked address if it poses a threat to other
list members. We'll talk with the people at FreeLists to see what
other protections might be in place.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx