Re: Xy Win/macros, etc.

You CAN use ALT keys with XyWin. The only problem is this: if you use an
alt key that would pull down a menu (F, E, V, P,I, W,H) they still work,
though you have to ESCape twice to get rid of the menu - then the save-get
operates. M, incidentally, is possible - you just have to disable the M to
call Format in the menu file by removing the & (in For&mat). Unfortunately
trying the same thing for all the other menu items which use their first
letter does not work. And further fiddling by trying, say, to remove the
menu items altogether crashes XyWrite (see earlier note.)

Incidentally, I find the same problem now with F10 under Windows 98.

To those keyboard wizards out there: having just got a portable and having
to redo my keyboard table, does anyone know the keyboard number for FN? or
the Windows key? And am I right in thinking that FN does not change the
number of the keys marked with a light blue symbol?

And - but you all know this - Alt Graphs is in fact CTRL ALT to XyWrite.

Sigh. When will Microsoft realise that fully soft keyboards are great!

PW