Pseudocode & other topics

Chet writes about adding support for (at least) the epsilon char.
and the possibility of using @CNV to get from XPL code into
something we can list here. Thanks! I'll see what I can do.
I'll also see if I can add wildcards to the program. Anybody
have problems with using the colon to surround function calls?
Would any other character be better?

Here's more:

Someone mentioned an ftp site for uploaded pgms. I'm a bit new
to this -- I can get anon. ftp'ing via AOL, but I guess I need an
address. Also, I need instructions on how to upload stuff, if
that's possible. I have some stuff that's a bit long for keying
in here.

One of the longer things I've developed for XY4 is a program that
repeatedly searches any file for a target string, selects a
"context" such as a pargraph or sentence, and places the string
and its context in a stand-alone file.
 It's similar to a III+ add-in I used to sell several years ago.
You can use the program to gather information from a file or
series of files and create a stand-alone file containing the
results of the search. For instance, you could ask "Give me all
the paragraphs in this report that contain the name
'Jones'." The program also does negative searches ("Give me all
the paragraphs that do NOT contain this string). Possible
contexts are Word
(give me all the words that contain this syllable), Sentence,
Paragraph, Mail merge record, Custom separator (anything you
want, like a line of dashes or a triple carriage return), and
Exact (which you would use with wildcards --
"Give me all the words of a particular pattern"). Admittedly,
some of these contexts are more useful for language researchers
(like me).  The program is menu-driven and can be patched into
XY4.MNU/XY4.DLG or run as a stand-alone.
 Even as a stand-alone, it requires that the menus be loaded (it
uses some if the file management and error checking routines).
There's fairly extensive commenting, so you can get an idea of
what's happening.

Anyone interested can send me a blank diskette (preferably 3.5")
and sufficient return postage. If you have any questions, you
can post here or e-mail me direct (TBaehr@xxxxxxxx).

T. Baehr
Baehr Communications
P.O. Box 1345