Re: help!

** Reply to message from "Leslie Savan"  on Mon, 17 Jan
2005 16:34:10 -0500

Leslie:

> I have a feeling that the computer guy, who knows nothing
> of xywrite, made a mistake in reinstalling it.

Something's different, that's for sure. Friday, huh?

Do this:
Put an empty floppy (no files on it) in A:
Store both of the attachments to this message (LESLIE.PM and PKZIP.EXE) on A:
-- they MUST be stored on A:!
Start XyWrite. Make sure you are located in XyWrite (look on the command
line!) in the same directory on the *hard drive* as EDITOR.EXE and STARTUP.INT
(I assume they are both in the same directory?). If you're not sure, command
DIR EDITOR.EXE and make sure. STARTUP.INT should be there too (DIR
STARTUP.INT).

Then command (on the XyWrite command line):
 RUN A:\LESLIE.PM

The result of that PrograM (LESLIE.PM) will be a file called LESLIE.ZIP, and it
will also be located on the floppy in A:

Attach A:\LESLIE.ZIP to a message and send it to me privately. I'll take a
look at it.
 No promises!

If you're befuddled, ask -- but make it fast. You're running out of time (as
if you didn't know).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx