Re: XYWin hogs CPU

 11:06 AM 2/20/2008, Paul Breeze wrote:
Where does Tame 5.1 in any version come from? I can only download Tame 5.0 or Tame 6.0 rc9. Perhaps you could send me a copy of the last version of Tame 5.1 you have and I'll see if I have any better luck with that.
Here's the deal, as my students say: TAME seems perpetually a work in
progress, always in beta, always the author adding -- and testing --
new features, and, it seems, bringing all bugs forward even as he
creates new ones. Well, for $20 fine. I'm willing to serve as a
betaman. I've checked all the registry entires the program writes --
maybe six -- and they are easy enough to remove if you end up hating
the thing or if it makes your machine behave in strange ways. With
V5.1, he has a number of iterations. From what I can tell reading the
traffic here, 5.1 pre7, which I'll send to you offlist, works on most
setups. It has a few anomalies -- thesaurus behaves badly and one or
two other small things. But it works on an IBM and on two DELLS here,
all of different vintages.

Michael Norman