RE: text to cmd line

I might add, those search wildcards keep me wedded to Xywrite because the
other WPs don't seem to have them yet. What a great feature! I hope though,
hard as it may be too conceptualize, that, with NotaBene, the ability to
search and replace with wildcards could be expanded. I remember being told
that the reason the capabilities were not greater in Sig/Xy4 was it was too
hard to figure out how to implement it without causing results that many
users would find unexpected. Speaking of NB, I hope its layout capabilities
will continue to evolve. As I start working on the 2nd edition of this
damned book, I keep on wishing for a XyWrite-based program that would give
me enough typographical and image manipulation capability to go straight to
the typesetter, without having to do the layout in Quark or Pagemaker. Is
it really so much to ask? I believe such a program could have considerable
resonance with users.
At 04:06 PM 11/6/01 -0500, Jay McNally wrote:
>I may be wrong, but many of the Xy commands (dir, ch, se, etc.) accept the
>wildcards.

The wildcards are the reason that made me finally switch over to XY4.
Otherwise,
I would still hang on to XY3.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo