Re: text to cmd line

"Yo Intl. YK" wrote:

> At 09:58 AM 11/6/01 -0500, Jay McNally wrote:
> >Getting text on the command line is very easy.
> >I copy defined text to the command line all the time as part of several xpl
> >programs I wrote probably 14 yrs ago. (I hate to admit I'm that old, btw.)
> >This is it:
>
> Can you advise? I tried it, and it does not work. The text gets pasted in
> the body, not the command line.
>
> -- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo

Rene,

Try this golden oldie, which I mentioned in an earlier message. I still use an
automatically loaded .SGT file that includes this routine, even though some of
that stuff might be better implemented elsewhere, e.g. rolled into a .U2 frame.
I find this one more convenient loaded onto a key -- have it on ALT-C (for CM,
mnemonically).

Jordan
®LB Put defined text on CM      ¯®GL-PlaceOnCM¯
Filename: PUTON-CM.PM

Purpose: This program put a defined piece of text onto the Command Line.

Category: General Use

Author:  Douglas Kramer

®LB-PlaceOnCM¯ÿ?ï9ÿ?m®PV9¯ÿ?}®EX¯

1. Define text you want placed on the Command Line.
2. Press [Alt]2 (or whatever key this program is saved to)

NOTICE: This routine uses Save/Get 9 -- it clears whatever is saved
on Save/Get 9 and puts the defined text in its place.