Re: TAME [was: Hardware ID (was Completely Off-Topic)]

At 01:45 AM 9/30/2006, Jon Pareles wrote:
I gave Tame Prebeta8 a brief try before another onslaught of deadlines.
I was very excited about the choice of fonts until I actually tried them. What I got, with all but a few fonts--the ones ending in Che--was that the letters onscreen were a l l s p a c e d a p a r t . And I didn't like the Che fonts, any of them, as much as Raster Fonts.
Harry has addressed the simple Numlock issue, but the rest of it is
really just a matter of playing with the line spacing and screen
layouts (letting and kerning) under the view menu. Play with those
fonts, as well, and try them in bold if the lines seems too thin. I
bought a new font from Fontcraft, their courier, which I run in bold
in the console; bold give me a normal weight line that's consistent
top to bottom in the 23-line text window. The key is to experiment
with both settings and fonts.
Michael Norman