XY & Linux

  Well, I've got XY4 running pretty well under Linux (as if anyone really
cares) except for an error message when it starts about not finding the
correct key repeat rate -- which I haven't really figured out yet, but it
doesn't seem, so far, to be making any difference. I can do graphics view
running it full screen, or it works fine in an Xwindows dos box, except for
graphics view. It even loads in pretty close to 7 seconds. Which isn't that
fast, actually, since it only takes 55-60 seconds to boot Linux and Xwindows
on this machine, but it's about the same as plain DOS -- or maybe that was
only 5 seconds -- but anyway, fast enough.

  I think I've asked this before, but does anyone -- TTG or otherwise --
have any clue what ever became of the binary port to Unix of XY3 that was
done back in '91??? I tried the # and the snailmail address to no avail
(that was in one of the newsletters).

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

hoka hey!

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.