Re: XPL early programming decision - whether to RC loop or custom .kbd

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from "Young For Life Products, Ltd"
>  Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:41:30 -0500
>
> > I can either write a series of RC loops that leaves the default
> > keyboard alone, ... or I can temporarily load a special keyboard
>
> RC, definitely. You don't want to be messing with other people's
> keyboard files -- it's too intrusive. Plus, are you really going to
> bundle a special .KBD file just for your program? Fuhgeddaboutit.

Besides which, there's another issue we've talked about before, in
regard to Xy-4: you can only load .KBD files so many times (not sure
exactly how many, but it's not a lot, and this apt to be influenced by
the size of one's .KBD file), before hitting a serious out-of-memory
error, forcing you to Quit from Xy and re-load.

Jordan