Re: script for USB printers

Robert Holmgren wrote:
The easy way to resolve this is to evaluate the referenced devices. One is
real and physical, the other a fake or an alias. You "map" real to fake. Not
the other way around.
Thank you. I had never thought of the matter until
Philip brought it up, and once he did, I was getting
dizzy keeping track of which end was up. That's a nice,
succinct rule to keep in mind.
Correct, correct.

Merci bien. Praise from Sir Robert is praise indeed.

To use the network names or IDs of local resources. "As if they were remote"
argues from a 9x perspective, which isn't really accurate (after all, you can
PING yourself [I'm pretty sure] in 9x, e.g. "ping -a 192.168.1.20" or "ping
FRANCESCA").

Indeed one can. Thanks for the clarification.
 a new-ish frame in U2 (7 June refresh) called TYN, which TYpes [prints] to a Network resource using
NT's built-in LPR client (and offers, for download, a command line LPR client
for 9x).
Thanks. No instance here now where this would work, but
good to have on hand for possible need down the road.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx