Re: U2 hide error

Reply to note from "Robert Holmgren"  Sat, 10
Jun 2006 05:03:02 -0400

> Lastly, I've been meaning to ask Carl (and might as well do it
> publicly) why, in AUTOFILE, he extracts a colon with
> > instead of simple  ? To be didactic
> [very sufficient reason!], or ... what?

Ha, it looks fussy now, but I vaguely recall that, when I wrote it,
I'd occasionally seen the idiosyncratic time format hh.mm, and since
Editor allows that customization, there is a possibility, albeit
remote, that a simple  would fail. So yes, didactic, and
somewhat obsessive-compulsive.

One thing that Editor doesn't support is omitting the separator
altogether and adding a leading zero to one-digit hours (as in "0100
hours") -- in other words, format hhmm or true Military Time.
D[F] EU=., ,; (an Ascii-32 space in the third position) doesn't
work;  remains unchanged. You can manufacture hhmm with XPL,
of course, but it's not a built-in option for displaying the time
via the NOW, TM, or VA $TM commands.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx