Re: XyShell

Dear Robert

1. I did make some changes to U2 as instructed. I have now done as you suggested and downloaded
an unedited version. This has made no difference to the behaviour.  I see (very briefly)
"-Start"
flash up next to the name of the XY4 window at the top of the DOS box when I press my 'shell to
dos' key and then the same message about the program being unable to run in DOS flashes up on the
command line.

2. The computer is a hybrid, with an ABIT motherboard, 256M of RAM and an Intel 500MHz processor.

3. U2 does work correctly otherwise.

4. I have assigned numberpad 5 (with numberlock off) to the shell to dos key.

5. Boot drive letter is C and I have allowed REXX to put itself into its preferred directory.

6. W2.ini reads:

 /FS /Z /R  /P:"XY4"
call directory 'C:\XYWRITE\XYFEATS';'%COMSPEC%'

7. I executed the complicated command you suggested and it didn't run, but rexx w2.rex provided
the following:

C:\Program Files\ObjREXX>rexx w2.rex
Windows95 | COMMAND | C:\Program Files\ObjREXX\w2.rex
-- Hit any key to switch to "XY4" --

(Incidentally I did hit any key as suggested and it did switch to XY4)

W2Win.bat Provided:

C:\Program Files\ObjREXX>w2win.bat
Windows95 | COMMAND | C:\PROGRA~1\ObjREXX\W2.REX
-- Hit any key to switch to "XY4" --

8. I have attached, zipped, the requested files and sent them to you personally. W2-Alias.dat was
not in my editor directory but in the objrexx directory. I tried moving it, but to no avail.

Best wishes

Paul