Re: xy windows

Mark D. Garvey:
>>One of xy's few inconveniences, for me, has been the necessity, when
>>copying and pasting chunks of text from one xy window to another, to >>be
in
>>adjacent windows (i.e., you can paste into a new window only if >>you've
just
>>come from the window you're bringing text from).
Rene von Rentzell
>Umm... but, how do you want to avoid that? Say, you have things >selected
>in all your Windows -- how do you expect the program to know which of
>all those selected chunks the master is currently demanding? Seems >like
>you are asking for esoteric mode.
>I suggest you just hit F2 and, say, x and store it in a temporary
>save/get.
Mark Garvey
Well...I guess what I'm envisioning is something like Windows cut& paste.
Put it to a "clipboard" and take it anywhere you want. No esoterica
involved. Your F2 solution would work, but it's a little bit clunky and I
don't know, off the top of my head, the kb limit of a temorary save/get. Is
there a limit other than RAM?