Re: xyWin customization guide? -Reply

Kenneth: welcome to the discussion list!
Its nice to know that the President of the company that makes
XyWrite is listening. Reminds me of the days in
1983 when I could call Dave Erickson in
Billerica and get a debug script to patch
XyWrite II. :)

In your message, you said...

Truth is we are working hard to not only support the XyWrite
past, but to give it a real future for those who appreciate its
strengths. In this world of software behemoths that is no easy
task and we really need all the help we can get. In fact we are
working on some extremely exciting new developments and
enhancements, while trying to get the
Windows product to the same level of rock solid stability III+ evolved into and
4 now approaches. We think we will be able to penetrate a lot
of markets with our new products when they are released, and
hopefully that will enable us to devote more resources to
providing the extra "goodies" I know you would all like to see,
like newsletters, technical support notes, etc.

Ok, here's my wish list:

a) Documentation of diaglogue/menu programming for XyWin. I love
programming and fiddling with the dialogue boxes to suit my
needs, but the lack of documentation makes it difficult.

b) IbidWin. I use IBID a lot in my work, and wish I could use it
as an add-in for
XyWin.

c) (and #1 for me, personally)
XyWrite/2 for OS/2. Although XyWrite works well under OS/2, a native-mode
OS/2 version would be wonderful. All of the OS/2 folk I know are
dissatisfied with current options for word processing. Also, many OS/2 folk are
'early adopter,' techie type who love to fiddle and twiddle with
things. When I've shown some folks what XyWrite can do, they ask
me when an OS/2 Version is coming out.

I know you can't comment specifically on unannounced products,
but maybe a hint or two?

Thanks for listening (reading?)

Steve Crutchfield,
User since 1982.