Re: xyWin customization guide?

OKAnnie:

Good idea about mirroring the XYWRITE files somewhere that does
not require a subscription. I for one am not about to sign up for
Compuserve when the Internet works much better.

For a large trove of files, most of which are out of date (very
few of the downloadable files on the TG BBS are 1994 or later),
it would make the best sense to put them on a SIMTEL mirror. It
is obviously not hard to arrange. The Nota Bene list began
putting its files there a couple of years ago so that the Tel
Aviv server was not tied up with old files that very few people
access. Even-Zohar will no doubt be glad to explain how.

If this fails, I am glad to look into doing it here. So far CCAT
has been very generous with space, but I am not sure that can
last forever.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania