Re: Orbis And Other Stuff

I returned my Orbis diskette to TG yesterday, so I cannot check the version
number of EDITOR on that disk. But the "NOTICE" that accompanied the diskette
states "The program will update your version of XyWrite 4.0 to version 4.013
..." Not v4.014 or v4.014A. According the the bootup "Help"screen, my current
version is v4.014, 677424 bytes dated 6/16/93. That's what I'm using now.

What TG does not appreciate is that every time I have to upgrade, I also have
to unpack and install a slew of companion (DLG/MNU/HLP) files as well, all of
which I have customized extensively (surprise!). I cannot tell you what a pain
it is to integrate my stuff with your stuff each to time you impose a new
version, generally with nitpicking changes which however I can't evaluate the
need for until I put them in place. Anyway, I'm happy you agree that these
files should be filed on disk in an open manner, e.g. with PKZIP. Maybe you
could convey our common concern to the people who make these kinds of
decisions?