Adding Postscript soft fonts

Did anyone ever get (and still have) the ADDPS program described in Application
Note 233? Tech support never heard of it, and I'm quite sure that neither
ADDPOST nor POSTDEF in the files section is it. I really don't want to be
confined to Courier, Times, and Helvetica. And would anyone have any ideas of
where or how I could get an old (pre-October 1992) copy of Adobe Type Manager?
At that time it supported DOS downloads (I have a spec sheet), but now it only
appears to work with Windows (ugh) or OS/2 (better, but still graphical and so
bemeaning and unintuitable to a word person).Thanks.