Re: keyboard connection adapters

Irv Thomae wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 1999 00:03:37 -0800 (PST), Daniel Say wrote:
> ...[after quoting Peter Evans on PS/2 <--> old-style keyboard connectors]
>
> >    And go out now and try to find nice keyboards, usually used,
> >    that have the same feel and keys (hwere's "~", "/", "\" etc?)
> >    because they are increasingly Windows 104 keyboards
> >    with too-soft touch.
> >
>   Surplus dealers still have the old (non-Windoze) style. For example,
> I paid $19.95 last summer for a 101-key "Leading Edge" keyboard, with a
> rt-angle DIN connector, at Electronic Planet. I went back just before
> Christmas for another, and they still had at least a dozen more.

I think the old AT (and enhanced) style keyboards made by IBM (Lexmark)
for the AT and PS/2 are the best ones ever made. Six months ago I
picked up 4 of them from Boeing Surplus here in Seattle for $3 each!
Cleaned 'em up, good as new, and they work perfectly--a joy to use. I
hate those mushy keyboards with little tactile and auditory feedback.

Regards,

Lowell Anderson