Spelling a la Word 7

Morris Krok wrote:

>   Let me turn your attention to something quite different, to Word
> 7. The moment a file is edited by this program, it automatically
> underlines all dubious spellings, double words and badly phrased
> sentences. has anyone thought of devising something similar for
> XyWrite.

I used to (when I worked in Editorial) frequently spell check an entire MSS using the parent file.
The command/syntax was "spell [parent file name],[output file]". (If no output file is
given, XyWrite creates a file named "spell.tmp".)

This would generate a regular XyWrite file named [output file] that would give all questionable
words in list format, divided up by each file name in the parent file. For example:

File.01
Bandersnatch
Beeblebrox

File.02
whezeing
frumious
judgement

File.03
misspled
believe

I could then quickly review this file, eliminate words I knew were correct (such as proper names),
store the file, then execute the SPell command's counterpart, "correct"! Issuing the
command "correct [output file]" makes XyWrite look at ONLY the words remaining in the
[output file] and suggest changes per the normal spell check method. When working off the parent
file, XyWrite stores each successive file and opens the next one until it's done.

--TLO
Timothy_Olson@xxxxxxxx
(630) 784-5327