Re: F5--and everything went black...

At 07:48 AM 6/28/2007, Robert Holmgren wrote:
 But I think you need a reason to use Tame. It isn't a panacea for all
ills, and it sucks up resources. It generates all sorts of
anomalies. I see no reason to use Tame if you don't need it for
a specific reason, such as its primary purpose (to prevent CPU
hogging).
For a handful of us, TAME has become XY's LiquidView. We use it to
improve font handling, scaling, most screen issues. Indeed it does
generate anomalies, but they are easy to live with and don't get it
the way of the work, which, to me, is what makes XY such a hard habit
to break. It lets you work.
NOTE to TAME users. Experimenting with RH's suggestion to use a
discreet AUTOXXXX.nt file in the shortcut's
Properties==>Program==>Advanced==>Autoexec Filename, we discovered
the following: TAME creates a settings file in MyDoc/TAME
5.1/SavedOptions with a name drawn from what you enter in the
shortcut box Properties==>Program==>Cmd Line: If you use a .bat,
you'll get _default.pif.view.tam. If you call editor.exe directly,
you'll get EDITOR.pif.view.tam. If you are changing from a .bat to a
direct call, you can simply copy all the data in
_default.pif.view.tam to EDITOR.pif.view.tam and your former settings
will be preserved under the new callup.

Michael Norman