Re: LFN Utilities for Win32

Robert Holmgren wrote:

** Reply to message from "Martin J. Osborne" on Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:14:54 -0500 Here are a few things to try with these Utils: Suppose you're editing a file called G:\XY4\ZAPERO~1\INDEX~2.SHT. You've
All the routines work perfectly for me. (My ZaPeRooooo directory, however, does not contain any file named index.shtml.) I've looked a few times, without success, to see if in XYWWWEB.U2 there is what one might call a 'directory manager'. Probably you have one, and I just haven't found it. What I have in mind is a routine that - puts a directory on the screen, and waits for a keystroke - responds to an alphanumeric key, say x, by putting the cursor on the first entry starting with x, then waits for another key; upon getting y, for example, goes to the first entry starting with xy; and so on. - responds to the XC key by either changing the directory if the cursor is on a directory, or calling the file if the cursor is on a file - responds to the Delete key by deleting the file - responds to alt-l [or something else] by announcing the long file name of the item the cursor is on - and so on (rename file, copy file, ...) I have a program that I've been using for a long time that does all the stuff through file deletion, but if you have one I'm sure it is much more robust. (I realize that ZTree does a great job with some of these tasks, but of course it doesn't interact with XyWrite.) -- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne