Re: TYP and newer printers

Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Sat,
06 Mar 2010 15:54:21 -0500

Patricia:
I think the problem may be with my Ghostscript installation
(the same on all three systems). The fonts folder is right off
c:\gs; i.e., c:\gs\fonts,

Same here: F:\GS\fonts. (I had no problem installing GS on my F:
drive, by the way.)
Well, that's good to know. Not being able (as Robert can) to get
most apps (other than DOS ones like XY, and utils like SIY, which
don't have to be installed) to install elsewhere, I'm content to
let them go on C:, and even in most cases on c:\Program Files.
But not anything that will be called by Xy; that has to go off
the root of C:
whereas the code of Robert's xy2pdf seems to expect it to be
\bin\fonts.

Not true. XY2PDF points to "d:\GS\GS8.70\BIN\..\..\fonts", which is
the same as "d:\GS\fonts". The "\..\..\" construct locates "\fonts"
two levels above \BIN, i.e. in \GS.
OH, thank you. I wasn't at all sure what it meant, but feared it
was that.
Problem: the batch files are all one long command.

Without line breaks, you mean? Big problem. The BATch files are
created by frames TYP and XY2PDF -- the line breaks are hard-coded
into the frames themselves -- so perhaps something is amiss with
your copy of U2.
Well actually, I was able to type the TYP batch file (I'm
concentrating on TYP first; if I can get that straigtened out, I
can go on to Xy2pdf) at a CMD prompt (see today's post).
There's a whiff of user error in all this -- exactly what, though, I
don't know.
User error undoubtedly, but I'm calling the routines just as I
always did. I suspect I'm not doing something with what are new
copies of Ghostscript and Gsview.
Unfortunately, owing to the boss's terror of my "doing
something" to the office computers (which I set up and maintained
for 5 years), I cannot get at a system where I could test this
with an older version of Ghostscript and Gsview.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx