RE $SS usable in XPL?

I'm probably getting in over my head, but...
Is it possible to use the ?SS call (found in Xy4.dlg frame AppSty) to get a list of all the styles (when you don't know how many there are and don't want to bother counting them) currently defined for a file? And save that set of strings, concatenated with commas, to a SV, so that one could then do a substring search to see if one had a style of a certain name Saved? (I nearly always use the same names for styles.)

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx