Re: inappropriate posts

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:46:54 -0500 (EST)

> This listserv is supposed to be dedicated only to Xywrite, which is why
> people subscribe. Non-Xywrite related comments are inappropriate, and only
> make the writer look bad.

How true! How true. What a sad state we've sunk to. But, you know, better to
reign in hell than serve in heaven, as somebody said. In that vein...

**********************************

Try this and you will be amazed! Don't look ahead! Just do it step by
step SLOWLY.

   DO NOT SKIP AHEAD. Read this message ONE LINE AT A TIME
   and just do what it says. You will be glad you did. If not,
   you'll feel like an idiot and wish you had listened.

1) pick a number from 1-9

2) subtract 5

3) multiply by 3

4) square the number (multiply by the same number -- not square root)

5) add the digits until you get only one digit (i.e. 64=6+4=10=1+0=1)

6) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4.

7) multiply by 2

8) subtract 6

9) map the digit to a letter in the alphabet: 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, etc...

10) pick a name of a country that begins with that letter

11) take the second letter in the country name and think of a mammal
   that begins with that letter

12) think of the color of that mammal

     (keep scrolling)

    DO NOT SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE ALL OF THE ABOVE

     Here it comes, NO CHEATING or you'll be sorry.

   You have a grey elephant from Denmark.

        Pass it along.

                \\\\|////
                ( O  O )