Broken Default Od?

Dear SysOp: Is default OD broken again? (OD: "Hide the offset specified by
the OF command".) Despite defaults of OD=0 and , a 1 inch OFfset
is still displayed at the console in Draft & Graphic views. Toggling OD=1 has
no impact. However, setting  or lazy  at TopOfFile kills the
OFfset for display purposes. Xy4 v4.015N. (Wasn't this a big hullabaloo
problem when Sig was first released, and subsequently fixed? You may increment
by one your running total count of questions I've asked *only* if it's my
error! I think, since you're keeping score, we need ground rules.)